Monday, September 27, 2010

Good advice from the unknown -slow down and live

Slow me down, LORD,
    Ease the pounding of my heart
    by the quieting of my mind.
    Steady my hurried pace with a vision
    of the eternal reach of time.
    Give me, amid the confusion of the day,
    the calmness of the everlasting hills.
    Break the tensions of my nerves and
    muscles with the soothing music of the
    singing streams that live in my memory.
    Help me to know the magical, restoring
    power of sleep.
    Teach me the art of taking minute vacations
    of slowing down to look at a flower, to chat
    with a friend, to pat a dog, to read a few
    lines from a good book.
    Slow me down, Lord, and inspire me to
    send my roots deep into the soil of life's
    enduring values that I may grow
    toward the stars of my greater destiny."
 
 
Trying to make this work for me and the community we live in
Short points and pledge
https://sites.google.com/site/siegholleward1com/siegholledraft
--

No comments: