Friday, July 31, 2009

Be strong in your belief It worked for Job

1. No Fear! Yeah, Right!


"The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The
LORD is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my
enemies."1

The story is told about a baby bear "that wandered away from his
mother in search of food. This was his first foray; so he was a little
timid. A large, ferocious mountain lion spotted the baby bear and
approached to attack. The baby bear, not knowing what else to do,
reared up on his hind legs as he had seen his mother do this as a
defense. Immediately, the mountain cat retreated; ran like he was
scared to death. The baby bear, very proud of himself, continued
foraying for food. What the mountain lion saw, and the baby bear
didn't know, was that the mother bear was behind the baby bear,
rearing up on her hind legs, ready to attack the mountain lion."2

No fear! Yeah. Right! Breathed the man with soul so dead who never to
himself hath said, "I'm scared half to death." Fear is a common plight
of us all—unless we bury and hide it, which is a dangerous path to
follow for what we deny we inevitably act out in some self- or
other-destructive way. Someone has said that there are 365 "fear nots"
in the Bible—one for every day of the year!

David, who penned the words of today's Psalm had every reason on many
occasions to be terrified because King Saul, ravished by a jealous
hatred of David, was hunting him down to kill him. So whenever I am
afraid, I take a page out of David's book, and keep repeating to
remind myself, "The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can
man do to me?"

The good news is that God is with us … always … he will never leave us
or forsake us … hence to counteract our fears we can learn to place
our confidence in him and not in ourselves. It's important, too, not
to allow fears to control us for if we don't control (or resolve)
them, they will control us.

--

Back to Eden communities
Sunridge -261 Oakhill Drive, Brantford
New Beginnings -23 Richards Ridgetown

backtoeden.ontario@gmail.com
www.backtoeden.bravehost.com
"Building elder peer communities that are cozy,caring and comfortable"
-quality 24/7 care

No comments: